Since 2000 Gazflot has been working on exploratory wells in the Gulf Ob and Taz water areas, which are the objects of high fishing activity. As a result, planned works are of great interest to people, social organizations and Yamalo-Nenetsky Autonomous District administration, environmental and fishing organizations, federal controlling agencies.
Gazflot realizes its responsibility to society and indigenous people in regard to environmental protection and rational use of the natural resources.
Main mission of Gazflot is to provide ecological safety of the performed activities.
Gazflot conducts business operations according to the Russian Federation “Environmental protection law”, “Continental shelf of the Russian Federation law”, Government decrees, standard acts of the federal and local agencies.
In 1995 Gazflot has adopted its ecological policy which agrees with the character, scale and environmental impact.
Main tasks of the Gazflot’s ecological policy are:
- establishment of the ecological priority policy
- compliance with laws and standards of the Russian Federation and also international agreements in environmental protection sphere
- environmental impact assessment
- ecological expertise of pre-Project and project materials
- most advanced environmental protection technologies usage
- wells’ ecological monitoring
- development and implementation environmental measures and events with financing provided before starting production
Main principles of Gazflot’s ecological policy:
- Strictly observe Russian laws, standards and rules, international agreements on environmental protection, cooperate with legislative and environmental agencies;
- Consider ecological safety while developing economic strategy;
- Perform environment impact assessment and State ecological appraisal of pre-project and project materials;
- Use the most clean ecological technology, equipment and materials;
- Develop and actualize environmental compensatory measures and programs of ecological safety improvement, with provided finances
- Develop, fit and constantly maintain ready to use means of emergency situations’ liquidation
- Make decisions based on rational risk - scientific data and research studies of environmental impact assessments