Gazflot carries out geological exploration works according to program documents:
- Geological assignment for 2008, preliminary geological assignments for 2009 – 2011
- “Natural resources base of gas industry development program until 2030” (Gazprom JSC, 2004)
- “Hydrocarbons resources development program at the Russian Federation shelf until 2030”, as a part of “Gazprom JSC development program, until 2030” (Gazprom JSC, 2004)
At the present time Gazflot carries out geological prospecting works in Ob and Taz Bays at the Pechora Sea shelf. Starting from 2009 geological exploration at the Yamal shelf, North-East shelf of Barents Sea, Black Sea and continental part of the Russian Federation is planned.
Gazflot working area
- North-East shelf of Barents Sea
- Pechora Sea shelf
- Yamal shelf
- Ob and Taz Bays
Geologic exploration program includes:
- Drilling plans
- Geophysics plans (seismic exploration works at the seas of the Russian Federation)
- Preliminary work plans
- Engineering and geological research plans
Seismic exploration works as a part of geologic development program are carried out with the help of subcontractors, possessing necessary licenses and equipment. Exploration or development wells construction follows engineering and geological research which aims to examine topographic conditions in the places of wells construction and optimal location of the drilling equipment.